Samsung Galaxy S4: "Chasseur d'Images" reviewBy Chasseur d'Images - Wednesday July 24 2013 Mobile Review
Introduction | Android boosted by Samsung | Getting started & ergonomics | A plethora of ways to explore | Field Impressions | Measurements | Conclusion
- impressive detail when shooting in bright light with a very significant improvement over the 8 Mpix S3.
- fast autofocus and precise, in auto and in user-selected mode
- correct auto exposure, even in broad daylight in difficult conditions (high-contrast, backlighting)
- pleasant and saturated colors
- good quality of the flash images.
- loss of details in low light, due to excessive noise reduction.
- under tungsten lighting, brownish tint in dark areas in low light.
- good color rendition.
- good reproduction of fine details (textures, richly detailed subjects).
- aliasing (stair effect) sometimes noticeable
- in low-light scenes, digital noise very present and poorly controlled.
- high noise in low light conditions.
- disappointing video stabilization system.
- auto focus inaccuracies in low light.
Translation by Kevin Carter