Sony Xperia Z: "Chasseur d'Images" reviewBy Chasseur d'Images - Friday August 02 2013 Mobile Review
Introduction | Android enhanced by Sony | Handling and ergonomics | A little disappointing video photo results | Measurements | Conclusion
- Overall good exposure.
- Nice color in all light conditions.
- Low noise levels in low light, without chromatic component.
- Very high chroma noise in the shadows on the subjects photographed under bright light.
- Fine details and textures poorly rendered, regardless of the conditions, even in low light.
- Autofocus unreliable, blurring common.
- Some outdoor white balance errors.
- Color shading in low light.
- Too long exposure in low light, even when the stabilizer is off.
- Excellent contrast and dynamic range (the best we’ve seen).
- Good noise reduction handling.
- Fine detail and texture poorly rendered, even on subjects in bright light.
- Many artifacts (staircase effects on straight edges) and flicker.
- Ineffective video stabilization system.
- Autofocus insufficiently responsive during a change of scene without movement of the phone.