Tokina AT-X M35 PRO DX AF 35mm f/2.8 Macro for Canon and Nikon reviewFriday September 07 2012 Lens Review
The Tokina AT-X M35 PRO DX AF 35mm f/2.8 Macro behaves very similarly on both Canon’s EOS 7D and Nikon’s D7000. Its strengths, when tested on both camera bodies, include its:
- Descent resolution, especially when apertures are set between f/4 through f/11. However, sharpness of the lens is best on Canon’s EOS 7D
Other perks of the lens includes its:
- Control of chromatic aberration.
- Minimal distortion, which is visually difficult to detect.
- Very limited vignetting and lens shading, with the defect largely absent at apertures f/4 and above.
The drawbacks of the lens include its:
- Brightness, with a measured transmission score of 3 T-stop. This has the lens underperforming against some macros that can brag of brightness and apertures greater than f/2.
- Autofocus, which does not work on some digital Nikon models.