DxOMark Conditions of Use
Here are the terms and conditions governing your access and use of the DxOMark website. By using the Site, you are agreeing to be bound by these conditions of use.
1. Using Site Content
1.1. Definition of the Content
We, DxO Labs (as defined below), are publishing on the Site the following information about the image quality performance of a selection of commercial digital cameras (the “content” or "Site content," or the “content of the Site”):
- Image Quality Database: a large set of measurement data relevant to digital camera image quality performance (i.e., color, noise, sensitivity, dynamic range, tonal range, metamerism);
- DxOMark and DxOMark Mobile scales: comparative ranking scales for camera sensors, for lenses coupled to specific camera bodies, and for mobile device’s cameras;
- Digital camera product sheets, including camera specifications, camera photos, and ranking results;
- Lens product sheets including lens specifications, lens photos, and ranking results;
- Camera and lens reviews based on DxO Labs data and written by DxO Labs experts about specific commercially-available camera and lens models;
- Insights: articles and papers written by DxO Labs experts on topics pertaining to image quality.
To avoid doubt, the term “content” also includes all data, information, and material published on the Site, including, but not limited to, data, plots, value tables, graphs, logos, text, illustrations, graphics, pictures, images, photographs, software, video, music, sound, and graphics.
1.2. Use of the Content
You acknowledge and agree that you are permitted to use the Site and its content only as expressly set out in these conditions of use.
1.2.1. The content of the Site is accessible to you either only for your own private personal use (the “Private use”) or for a limited professional use as defined in L122-5 of the Intellectual Property Code (“Fair Use”).
1.2.2. Subject to your acceptance of these terms and conditions of use, Fair Use permits you to, for example:
- Refer to the Site content to your own audience with very clear credits and links to our Site;
- Establish links to the Site from your site;
- Integrate limited extracts of the content within your own publications, magazine, website, or other media so long as such integration occurs without transforming our data, DxOMark scales and analyses,
- Such integration is done in a non-systematic manner;
- Such integrated content remains clearly attributed to DxO Labs: credits must be explicit and link(s) to the content must be highly visible;
- Such integrated link(s) or quotations are relevant and are not detrimental to dxomark.com, to DxO Labs, or to any of its products or services.
DxO Labs, at its sole discretion, can require you to cease and desist using the Site or its content in part or in whole.
1.2.3. Except as described above with respect to Fair Use, or as otherwise permitted in writing by DxO Labs, you MAY NOT:
- Copy, modify, reformat, distribute, license, transmit, sell, perform, publish, transfer or otherwise make available any information available on the Site;
- Remove, change or obscure in any way anything on the Site or otherwise use any material obtained while using the Site;
- Reverse engineer or decompile (whether in whole or in part) any software used in the Site;
- Copy or use any material from the Site for any commercial purpose whatsoever;
- Remove, obscure or change any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right notices contained in the original material or from any material copied or printed from the Site.
1.2.4. Use of Content by dxomark.com Expert Partners
If you are an owner or authorized agent of a photography magazine or website, or an authorized representative of a non-profit organization (such as a school or an association) involved in imaging, and wish to use the content of the Site beyond the terms of Fair Use stipulated above, you may be qualified to enter into our Expert Partners Program. Please contact us at email@example.com to get more information about the benefits and terms and conditions of this program.
1.2.5. Use of Site content by other imaging professionals:
If you are an owner, authorized representative, legal affiliate, agent or employee of a corporate entity involved in imaging, you ARE NOT PERMITTED to access the content of this Site without first receiving a specific license from DxO Labs. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain our terms and conditions for such professional use.
1.2.6. Other uses:
You understand that any and all other uses not specifically described above are excluded and must be explicitly granted by DxO Labs. Contact us at email@example.com to obtain our terms and conditions for such uses.