What does Sensor Overall Score show?
- Sensor Overall Score shows a camera’s:
- Sensor quality in terms of noise.
- Ability to render high contrast.
- Formation of colored noise.
- Ability to shoot in low light.
- Sensor Overall Score does not show a camera’s:
- Resolution, i.e., its ability to render fine details.
- Lens quality.
- Optical aberrations.
How is Sensor Overall Score measured?
The Sensor Overall Score is an average of the Portrait Score based on color depth, the Landscape Score based on dynamic range, and the Sports Score based on low-light ISO.
Further readings for the DxOMark sensor scores
To provide photographers with a broader perspective about mobiles, lenses and cameras, here are links to articles, reviews, and analyses of photographic equipment produced by DxOMark, renown websites, magazines or blogs.
December 10, 2009
June 09, 2009